Hemant Brahmbhant

Account Executive


Anne Young

Account Executive


Everyone seems to want to offer you home and contents insurance – from financial institutions such as banks and building societies, the local post office, and even supermarket chains. But how do you really know if your insurance coverage is adequate? Do you feel comfortable that the local post office operator or supermarket staff are up to date with the policy benefits and exclusions?


Your insurance broker has to maintain their training year after year in order to ensure they are properly authorised to advise you. They do not just consider one product from one insurer, but a variety of products from many insurers.


There are generally 2 types of home and contents insurance products available


Defined Events

Defined events include a range of situations and circumstances that can cause damage to your home and contents that you’re insured for. The listed events are covered under this type of home and contents insurance policy:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Storm damage
  • Flood
  • Impact
  • Legal Liability
  • Earthquake
  • Explosion
  • Riots
  • Escaping water


For those customers who need a little more from their insurance policy, a broader Accidental Damage Cover & Loss of Home and Contents insurance cover is available in the market .

Accidental Damage & Loss

The cover is broader in the sense that your buildings are insured up to your sum, not insured for damage caused accidently. Contents are covered against accidental loss or damage, at or away from your home.


A variety of higher benefits are available under these types of policies.


Prestige Homes

A number of insurers offer specific home and contents insurance policies specifically tailored to protect prestigious homes and precious possessions. Such policies may include a free appraisal of your property to determine your home’s replacement cost.


Such policies provid broader benefits to allow for more expensive works of art, wine collections, jewellery and other personal possessions, Business property , worldwide liability coverage as well as Identity fraud and Tax audit expenses.

Can you help me with a claim?

If you are unfortunate and have a home and contents insurance claim, this is the time you need us the most.
Call or email our office with details of your claim. In most cases, you will be required to complete a claim form and provide details to substantiate your claim in order for the insurer to assess your claim.
Under the General Insurance Code of Practice, the insurer promises to respond to your claim within 10 business days and tell you whether they will accept or deny your claim based on the information you have provided.
If your claim is accepted by the insurer, we will help co-ordinate the claim until it is finalised.
If the insurer declines your claim, we will review their decision and give you advice.


Home and content insurance covers you against loss, theft, or accidental damage to your personal belongings. This can include furniture, appliances, electronics, and other items within your home. It’s important to have this type of coverage in case something happens to your possessions, as it can help you replace them without having to pay out of pocket.

Most home buyers don’t think about the importance of having home and contents insurance until it’s too late. Contents insurance is the insurance policy that covers your belongings in case they’re damaged or destroyed. When you buy a home, the lender will require homeowners insurance – but this policy doesn’t cover your belongings. That’s where home and contents insurance comes in.

A product disclosure statement, or PDS, is a legal document that contains detailed information about a financial product. It’s different from other financial documents such as a prospectus, because it includes specific information about the policy and the insurance company behind it.
It’s important to read policy documents before purchasing any type of insurance policy, because it will tell you exactly what you’re buying, and what your rights are as a policyholder. It’s also important to keep in mind that the relevant product disclosure statement can change over time, so be sure to check for updates if you’ve had a policy for a while.

There are a few factors to consider when determining whether or not you need contents insurance. One of the most important is whether you have a professional indemnity policy. If something were to happen to your equipment or inventory- for example, if it were stolen or destroyed- your professional indemnity would likely not cover those costs. In that case, contents insurance would be essential in order to protect yourself from having to pay out of pocket for those losses.

Another factor to consider is your financial situation. If you do not have enough money saved up to cover the cost of replacing your lost or malicious damaged belongings, contents insurance policy can help mitigate those financial damages.

Landlord contents insurance covers the landlord’s possessions in the event that they are damaged or destroyed. Portable contents are also covered, which means that the tenant’s possessions are insured in the event of damage or destruction.

It’s important to read the landlord product disclosure statement carefully to make sure you understand what is and is not covered. For example, some policies do not cover damage caused by floods or storms. It’s also important to note that most policies do not cover loss of rent or replacement of locks, so be sure to ask about these specific details before purchasing a policy.



    Cyber Attack – Don’t expose your business

    For many buyers of business insurance, cyber insurance is a new class of insurance that has been bro
    a hacker photo
    A Butchers in Canberra

    Expanded polystyrene and the Rising insurance premiums

    If you have a business involved in the food industry such as a manufacturer, wholesaler, butcher or

    Underinsurance and the effect on your business

    The majority of commercial insurance policies in the Australian market contain an underinsurance cla
    a bar photo